Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First 911 Call

Don't worry...NO broken bones or anything. Just a funny story. Okay 2 funny stories.

I feel like I am living in a week of Mondays this week.

Monday #1 - For those of you who have ever taken a 15 month old to the Dr. for a check-up and already know where I am going with this. Multiply that by TWO and only one mama. All I have to say time I am taking re-enforcement's. OUT OF CONTROL.

Monday #2 - This was really Tuesday but it felt like Monday. The twins are sick, so I missed the first day of Bible Study. While I was driving to the grocery store, I saw a flock of birds on the road. I slowed down a little to about 35 mph thinking they would fly away. They didn't. So I felt several thuds, saw a couple dead birds in my rear view...and kept driving. Went to the grocery store. Drove past 3 dead birds and a couple people pointing at me. Parked in the garage. Got the twins out of the car and had both of them in my arms. While going into the house I hear something. Look over and there is a bird stuck in the grill of my car. I screamed and ran into the house. I back the car out of the garage and try getting the bird out with a broom. It's leg was stuck, so it too a while. They it runs into my garage and I am chasing (while screaming) it around until I get it out. I felt like a crazy person, but I am kind of scared of birds.

Monday #3 - This IS really wednesday but it feels like another Monday. I was up with Brooke several times throughout the night. I think she is scared of the dark. :O/ So we are all very tired. I lay the girls down for naps, and go outside to make a phone call to the water company. I locked myself out. Sigh. I check all the doors and windows. My iphone is not working except to make calls. Landon was in a meeting today, so he wasn't answering. I knocked on Brooke's window to see if she would wake up and come open the door for me. Pretty sure I scared her because she never came to the window and had an "accident". I called 911 to see if they could help me. Right after they send the call out to have someone come over, Landon calls to let me know he is on his way home. So I called 911 back to let them know that I am just a crazy mother who has lost her mind. 45 minutes later I am back in the house, doing another load of laundry and playing with crazy kids who are supposed to be napping. I had to blog about this because it makes me laugh instead of cry.

My TO DO list for this week:
Clean the bird guts (sorry everyone) off the car.
Just cough up the $75 to get a garage keypad for future occurrences. There WILL be more.
Get to the Apple store to get my phone fixed.
Get myself a Diet Coke.


  1. I personally don't know how you do it!!! You are a great mom! And yes, get that Diet coke! :)

  2. I really think three 'Mondays' like that call for a Vanilla Diet Dr. Pepper . . . it cures all ills!

  3. I just stumbled upon your blog and remember you from school. What a funny story! Sounds like something I would do. =)

  4. :O) Landon brought me a diet coke home that night. Such a good husband! :O)