Monday, March 25, 2013

Tiffany {mother of sweet Rosalie}

“Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Today as I sit here reflecting on the last almost 10 months now, many different emotions come to my mind. We have been through more in the last 10 months than I could have ever imagined I would go through, let alone have the strength to still be standing today. Rosalie our 2 year old daughter nearly drowned in our neighborhood pool. She by the grace of God and God alone is still here with us today.   I will tell you I have not stood this entire 10 months on my own two feet at all. My love, my passion, my prince of peace, my savior... Jesus Christ is the only reason I am here today. He has carried me this whole time. I would have fallen apart the first few moments of her accident, had God not stepped in and given me the choice to choose his peace, versus what the world understands to be of her accident.  I know now that I stand today so that his Kingdom might be glorified through Rosalie and that he might uphold me enough so that he can use my hands and feet to bring honor to his name.


As mom’s we put so much pressure on ourselves to be the best! To make sure that our children are taken care of, the house is clean, dinner is ready for our working men or  that we are giving enough attention to our sweet husbands not putting them last all the time in our busy lives. How in the world are we supposed to uphold all of this pressure in this day and age? God doesn’t want us to put this much pressure on ourselves, he wants us to let go and give it all to him and let him guide our path. This is one of my biggest struggles life is so demanding! I use to try so hard to control my life in such a way that I started to push God out. This was a devotional that has always stuck with my heart:

“Sometimes My Sovereign Hand- My Control over your life- places you in humbling circumstances. You feel held down, held back, and powerless to change things. You long to break free and feel in control of your life once again. Although this is an uncomfortable position, it is actually a good place to be. Your discomfort awakens you from the slumber of routine and reminds you that I am in charge of your life. It also presents you with an important choice. You can lash out at your circumstances- resenting My ways with you- or you can draw closer to Me. When you are suffering, your need for Me is greater than ever. The more you choose to come near Me, affirming your trust in Me, the more you can find hope in My unfailing Love. You can even learn to be joyful in hope while waiting in My presence-where Joy abounds. Persevere in trusting Me, and I will eventually lift you up. Meanwhile, “Cast all your anxiety on me, knowing that I care for you affectionately and am watching over you continually.”
“Jesus Today” By: Sarah Young

Before Rosalie’s accident I remember getting so stressed out about all the things that I had to do and wanted to do. I got so caught up in life that I forgot to live. Really think about that statement….. I was so caught up in “life” that I forgot to “Live”. Wow when I looked at it that way, what kind of a life is that?? I have learned through her accident how real satan is and how much he wants to get into our hearts and tell us that we are failures.  He wants to put lies in our hearts so that we spend all our time away from God trying to control our life. The more I focused on my worldly “circumstance” or what the world told me I needed to be like, the bigger space that starts to wedge between me and God. When that space starts to spread further and further the more worry, anxiety, fear, negativity and un-peacefulness I feel about my circumstances in my life. It is so true that you have a choice to either lash out which results in a very negative un-peaceful life…… Or you can draw near to God trusting him with your life and accept the way your life is trusting in God’s plan for us, which is to always prosper not to harm.

When we seek God with all our hearts to help us in our daily lives, everything else will fall into place. I can’t change what has happened in my past I can only push forward living every step hand in hand with our savior. But we can tell satan to get thee behind us resisting him daily and choosing to take up our cross and walk with Jesus. Satan will try to break us making us feel as if our life is the way it is because we have failed in some way or another.  But these are lies! We must put all of our trust in our Lord and Savior at all times resisting the lies satan has told us. Then and only then can we truly live hand in hand with our Lord. This is my life verse and it has gotten me through so much in the last 10 months.

“Trust in the lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your path straight” Proverbs 3:5-6


God knows our hearts and he knows how hard it is to live in this world.  Jesus walked this earth and was faced with all the things we are faced with so he is a friend that truly understands. We can turn to him anytime and he will take our fears away and bring peace to our heart. My life is forever changed because of what we have been through with Rosalie but it has woke me up to not take life for granted and to always lean on God trusting my life and my loved ones lives in his hands. He knows what is best for all of us and he can give us peace that surpasses all understanding. He can bring us hope when the world tells us there is no more hope left and he can save us when we have nowhere else to turn. He is the Lord of Lords, king of Kings and he saved my life. But when we fail and we fall down he is there ready to pick us up and walk with us or mostly in my life he carries me, either way he is so gracious and he will get us up this mountain we just have to continue to seek his face. Thank you all so much for praying for Rosalie she is such a little miracle from God and we continue to believe God for her full restoration. Love you all and thank you for letting me share my heart today! God bless you all!!

“Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.” Psalm 31:24

“Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my savior and my hope is in you all day long.” Psalm 25:5

{you can visit Rosalie's Prayer page on Facebook here}

1 comment:

  1. SO beautiful, Tiffany. Your story. Your faith. Your perseverance. God is good, ALL the time. Thank you for sharing your heart!!! I follow you on facebook...your story is being used by God and I can't wait to see what more He does in little Rosalie's life!

    ReplyDelete