Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola


Can you tell I've been home a LOT since I have been posting so many recipes?  I really was craving granola with my greek yogurt yesterday, and this was very quick and easy to whip up!  Our whole family loves it, and since it's made with honey/agave nectar instead of sugar it makes a "better for you" snack or topping! 

Peanut Butter Granola
What you'll need...
1/3 cup peanut butter 
1/3 cup honey/agave nectar (i used a combo of both)
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 teaspoon vanilla
chocolate chips, raisins, craisins, white chocolate chips....whatever you want to add in!

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper

Melt the peanut butter and honey (or agave) in the microwave at 30 second increments until melted.  Poor over the oats and coat completely with the mixture.  Spread on a baking sheet.  Bake for 10-15 minutes until the oats are golden on top, stirring them up halfway through.

Allow the granola to cool and ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I tagged you in a fun, random facts blog post if you want to join in here: http://annapolisandcompany.com/2013/01/random-things-about-me/

    And we love homemade granola over here too! This looks YUM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just now seeing this Mary Beth! So sorry I missed the tag! :)

      Delete