Thursday, January 3, 2013

Looking back at 2012...




It seems like just yesterday I was writing this post to review 2011. Here's our year in review picture "collage style"!

January - Landon graduated from college - I am SO proud of such a hardworking husband/daddy!
February - We celebrated Grandpa & Grandma's 50th wedding anniversary - I also had the opportunity to make my first "wedding cake"!
March - My Dad & Mom came up to visit and we were outside enjoying the beautiful weather. We all enjoy when they come to visit since we don't get to see them as often as would like!
April - Brooke played on the "Y" soccer team.  Don't ask Landon how that went...
May - This picture of Landon & Brooke just makes me smile.  If I could choose anywhere to live it would be by the ocean.  The twins don't share that love, but Brooke and I both teared up when we waved "good-bye" to the ocean at the end of the week.  We had a wonderful family vacation to Destin with some of Landon's side of the family.  
June - We celebrated Lily & Lauren's TWO year birthday.  These two just make me smile SO much.
July - We love the USA!  We also spent a LOT of time inside since it was a very HOT month here in Oklahoma.
August - I turned 30!  It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be....
 September - We celebrated my beautiful Brooke's fourth birthday.  She is a very tender-hearted girl - always taking care of me and letting me know she loves me.  I'm so thankful for her.
October - A pretty cute cowgirl and two adorable little indians LOVED all the candy they got!
November - We spent a lot of time as a family this month and I really enjoyed that.  Landon and I spent a weekend away in Branson for our 5 year anniversary and spent Thanksgiving with his side of the family!  I have so much to be thankful for!
December - December we celebrated the birth of our savior.  We went to the Christmas Train which will have to be a tradition for our family.  We got to travel to San Antonio to spend a few days with my parents and enjoyed spending time with them. It was a bit of a rough month for us as most of our family was sick (and very sick on christmas), but we got to spend A LOT of quality time together.  The down time really gave me the opportunity to think about my goals for 2013. 

Blessed....that is how I would describe 2012.  It was a hard year for me personally and spiritually, but God taught me a LOT about His love, strength and forgiveness.  My hope for this year is that I will learn from those trials and grow to be more like Him...which will ultimately help me be a better wife, mother, daughter, daughter-in-law and friend.  I'm excited about this year and what God has in store for our family!  






No comments:

Post a Comment