Tuesday, October 25, 2011

First Hospital Stay.

Poor Baby...Sunday night we were on our way home from Tulsa. Lily got sick...ALL over the car and actually started choking. We were on the side of the highway in a second... helping her breathe and scraping it off her and the carseat...wrapped her up in daddy's shirt and headed home. She is such a tough girl...not one peep or cry.

Landon brought sweet Lily to the ER first thing Monday morning. She wouldn't eat or drink and could barely sit up, so her Dr. sent us straight there. The Dr. in the ER decided Lily had lost too much of her body fluid...NINETY PERCENT. She was admitted to the hospital just in time. She went through 2 1/2 liters of fluid during her stay!

First time Lily & Lauren were separated.

Just the sweetest girl...it Broke my heart to see her so terrified.

I thought for sure our first trip to the emergency room would be a broken bone. :O) I never thought my sweet little baby would have to stay hooked up to IV's for 3 days. Lily is always the first one to get sick, and the last one to get better. Her body just doesn't fight infection off very well. I am thankful we got to the hospital when we did because she had lost 90% of her body fluid. This was very serious, there could have been some very severe complications if we did not get her there in time. Lily was very frightened the whole time we were there, and I couldn't leave the room during they day. It was very challenging since she was hooked up to the machine the entire time. Since she was too weak to walk I couldn't put her down. I got a LOT of snuggle time and a great arm workout. Since I couldn't leave the room, I wasn't able to get very much food...but thank goodness Landon left his FULL SIZE bag of M&M's there for me to eat for breakfast and lunch. Sigh. Regretting that. :O)

There are so many things I am thankful for...

I am thankful for all your prayers! I was so overwhelmed by the fervent prayers of our family and friends. Thank you for your phone calls, texts, notes on FB, gifts and most of all for showing your love to our family.

I am thankful that God has protected my children and they are healthy little girls. I know that there are people that don't get to leave that hospital with their sweet babies. I cried the whole way home just so thankful that I could look in the back seat and see my precious girl.

I am thankful for Landon's parents. They took such good care of Lauren and Brooke so we could be by Lily's side every minute. THANK YOU Poppy & GiGi.

I was pretty bored in the hospital...my laptop wouldn't hook up to the internet and I didn't bring much to do because I thought Lily would be able to leave Tuesday morning. I spent a lot of time holding Lily praying for my friends and family!

The Doctors and Nurses were SO sweet to us and the Children's Hospital at St. Francis was so nice. I just hope we don't have to "visit" there again for a very long time.


  1. What a scary experience! So thankful Lily is doing better. Thanks for sharing!

  2. I'm so glad she's better and home with her sweet family!

  3. I'm so glad she is doing better and that it was something caught early and fixable-that is SucH a blessing. As a mom, It's amazing how much your heart hurts when your child is sick. Being a mom whose had a sick baby in the hospital has definately opened my eyes to the other side of my work!:) I'm a much more sympathetic peds nurse since I've been on the other side!Hope you guys get lots of rest this week-it takes a few days to recover!:)

  4. SO glad she is all better! I had a similar experience with Ali when she was 7 weeks old so I understand completely! Praying your whole family is refreshed with rest after this for a full recovery!