Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Easy Homemade Peanut Butter

We got through a lot of peanut butter in our house.  I love the simplicity of making my own peanut butter.  No added sugar, preservatives or oil!  I use stevia in my peanut butter to add a little sweetness and always make at least half of it into dark chocolate peanut butter by adding dark chocolate cocoa powder.  :O)  Antioxidants, right?!?


All you need are peanuts and a food processor.  The food processor does all the work!  Just add the peanuts and allow it to grind them until it turns to peanut butter.  It will turn into a thick paste like in the first picture, but after about 4-5 minutes you will have creamy, warm and fresh peanut butter!  Use honey roasted peanuts, add some sugar, salt, stevia or chocolate to your peanut butter according to your preference. Keep it refrigerated.  If you need it softened, give it a warm water bath for a few minutes.  Mine doesn't make it to the bread...I just grab a spoon.  :O)


Plain & Dark Chocolate.  I am hoarding the jar to the right.  :O)


No comments:

Post a Comment