Friday, March 23, 2012

Crispy Coconut Cookies


Two weeks ago I cut out diet coke AND sugar from my diet.  I have been enjoying water, green tea and fresh fruit to fulfill all those cravings.  Thankfully, I don't miss either one!  Here comes the real test...making cookies for my family!  Cookie dough is my favorite treat.  I will make cookies, only so I can sample the cookie dough.  :O)  I made these crispy coconut cookies dipped in chocolate and Landon loved them!  I was tempted, but I stayed strong!  I just grabbed a few raisins and kept on baking!

Here's the recipe...hope y'all have a great weekend!

Crispy Coconut Cookies (allrecipes)

What you'll need:
1/2 cup butter
1/1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 cup crushed cornflakes 
1 cup oats
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. baking powder
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Cream the butter and sugars until smooth.  Stir in the egg and the vanilla.  In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and add to butter/sugar mixture.  Add the oatmeal, cereal and coconut and mix until combined.

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are light brown at the edges.  Leave them plain, or dip in melted chocolate.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment