Thursday, November 10, 2011

blessings.


Several years ago I "suffered" what I thought to be a great trial in my life. The Lord was gracious enough to erase a lot of the memories I had from the past, but I can still remember the hurt. I remember just asking God several questions. Where do I go now? What do I do with my life now? Will anyone ever love me again? There was so much hurt in my broken heart, that the only thing I felt I could do was look to God for love, forgiveness and healing. He did all that and MORE. He gave me more than I asked for and more than I deserved. His amazing love does that. Psalm 36:7 was one of the verses that I kept in the forefront of my mind. "How precious is your steadfast love, O GOD! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings." His love forgave, comforted and healed. I'm thankful for a God that will never leave me.

Here comes the HUGE blessingS part...

After going to Northland Camp to work for the summer and seek wise counsel, I started working at NIU full time. Northland has a special place in my heart...for many reasons! Northland was where I met my husband Landon. Landon was the crazy, curly red-headed, soccer playing, bridge jumping, red tahoe driving "boy" that I never saw myself dating. He pursued...and pursued. I resisted for almost a whole semester...until Thanksgiving break. I saw a different side of Landon. He was crazy...but he was (and is!) Godly, sweet, FUN, forgiving and patient. We began dating in February...got engaged in July....and got married in November. We do things fast around here.

"From the fullness of HIS grace, we have all received one blessing after another." John 1:16.

10 months after we got married Brooke came along. 20 months after that came Lily & Lauren. Our family grew QUICKLY....and it is awesome. We love our girls. We love each other. Things get hard sometimes, but we all get through it together. Landon ALWAYS reminds me of the truth and points me back to my LOVING father. I am so blessed. He GAVE me that trial...so I could be broken and see HIM. Those questions I asked God before...He answered each one in His time. He brought me to Oklahoma and gave me a very amazing husband who loves me very much. In one week we will celebrate our 4 year anniversary. He gave me the amazing opportunity to be a mother to my girls. It was all in His plan and all in His timing. I'm thankful that my life is guided by His hand, and not my own.


"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plan for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11



2 comments:

  1. AWESOME testimony, Tammy. God is so good. You are a big encouragement to me...and I'm glad we can be neighbors. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meribeth. You are so sweet! :O)

    ReplyDelete