Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Our God is Able!

{photo from pinterest}

Fail. Fail. Fail.  

That's what the devil wants me to believe about myself...that I'm a failure as a mother, as a wife, as a daughter, or as a friend.  I have to tell you the last few days have been very discouraging for me.  Through the trenches of motherhood, I have been frustrated, discouraged, easily irritated and exhausted.  I keep thinking when I lay my head down at night that the next day will be better.  I sleep in..."forget" read my bible, "forget" to pray, and get stuck in the pit of self-pity all over again.  And finally, after the third day, I remember WHO to turn to.  

I love you.  I accept you.  I FORGIVE you.  

That's the gift that God has given me.  Why do I so easily forget that when trouble comes???  I'm so thankful that He picks us up when we are struggling, comforts us in His arms, forgives us of our sins and gives us the strength to get through any trial.  As much as I hate to face my failures, my insecurities, and my shortcomings...I am also thankful for them because it teaches me that I can't do anything in my own strength.  It reminds me who to look to for strength  love, patience, wisdom, security and comfort.
I'm so thankful He goes before us and will never forsake us!

" Be strong and courageous.  Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you.  He will not leave you or forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31.6

The lyrics to this song have been such a blessing to me today...
God is Able
He will never fail
He is almighty God

Greater than all we seek
Greater than all we ask
He has done great things

Lifted up, He defeated the grave
Raised to life, our God is able
In His name, we overcome
For the Lord, our God is able

God is with us
God is on our side
He will make a way

Far above all we know
Far above all we hope
He has done great things    

He will go before
He will never leave us

God is for us
He has open arms
He will never fail us

2 comments:

  1. Love this, Tammy! You have no idea how many times I've had to relearn the lesson that God accepts me for who I am, not what I do. That everything else is like a cherry on top....thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Beth - it's amazing how much it helps to write my thoughts and lessons learned out in a blog post. Of course, I know you know that. :)

      Delete