Friday, April 20, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins



I must have been in the muffin mood yesterday.  I made a batch of Nutella banana muffins in the morning for the girls to eat fo breakfast.  While I was in the pantry looking or the Nutella, I found this:


Oh my.  I laid the girls down for a nap, and whipped up a batch of these Peanut Butter Chocolate Muffins.  I love having muffins in the freezer for the mornings when I don't have time to make breakfast for the girls.  Here's the recipe...

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
(Baking Bites)
Ingredients:
2 1/4 c flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
2/3 c brown sugar
6 T Butter, melted and cooled
1/2 c peanut butter (dark chocolate, regular, crunchy)
2 eggs
1 c milk (i used skim and they turned out fine!)
3/4 chocolate chips 

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.  Line or grease a 12 cup muffin tin.

Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar.

In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, peanut butter, eggs and milk until smooth.  Pour over the flour mixture and stir until combined.  Stir in the chips.

Divide the batter between muffin cups - fill them up to the top!  Add a couple chocolate chips to the top of the batter too! The will dome nicely this way.

Bake for 17-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean and the top of the muffin springs back when you press it.  

Cool....and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment